Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Last night Sept 15.

My current favorite game right now is 2-7 Triple Draw. Pokerstars has a $2 tournament every night at 9:30cst. While this time is not the best for me I try to play in it when I feel up to it. So far I've played in it 3 times. I placed 3rd in my first attempt and had a decent run last night. Last night the tournament paid 12 places. With 20 people remaining, I was a decent sized chip leader, but the cards went cold and the other players started playing back at my aggression and I wound up not even making the money. It was a very frustrating result. I need to improve my play near the end of tournaments I seem to go downhill fast.

I also usually play the HORSE tournament at 8:45cst. I've final tabled this tournament before as well, but was card dead yesterday and just never got anything going.

Just for background sake, I originally started up my Pokerstars account with $50 determined to maintain and build that up to a respectable amount. I'm currently at $155 and while the progress hasn't gone as fast as I originally hoped, I am happy that I'm at least showing a profit.

My best money maker at the moment is a new 8-game Sit & Go tournament that Pokerstars added. This is a 6-person tournament with a $3.30 buy-in that pays the top 2 places. I currently have a very high cash rate in these tournaments. At the levels that I play, the players just do not seem to play the games very well. The games included are 2-7 triple draw, limit hold'em, Omaha 8, Razz, Stud, Stud 8, No Limit Hold'em, and Pot Limit Omaha. I just love this tournament. It has so many different games and also different betting structures that I think it could be a long term profit maker for me.

I stayed up too late playing last night so I may not play very much tonight. Must catch up on sleep.

I hope to start playing cash games more often. From what I gather those and sit & goes are the typical money makers.

No comments: